Tolerance is a virtue

Tolerance is a virtue that a lot of us lack and it is a most have. It is one virtue that we all need in our day to day living to allow us a level of peace of mind and body and be at peace with people.We must respect each other. But nowadays we have become so insensitive, so aggressive and intolerant towards ourselves and others.

This brings me to what happened to me while on my way to work today. I boarded a taxis and from the moment we exchanged pleasantries till we got to my office - the driver did not for one second allow me a few seconds of quiet or peace. At some point i almost said to him please can you keep quiet for a second but i couldn't say that to him.I then decided to put my phone for a while and listen to what he was saying and in the end, i'm glad i did.

He was frustrated about some family problem ad just wanted someone to listen to him vent. The story was about his married daughter who is being abused both physically and emotionally. He sounded helpless. I could feel his anguish and that broke my heart. You can imagine how this father feels about his daughter's situation. I consoled him and advised him to go through the appropriate channel to seek help and get justice for his beloved daughter. 
I'm happy that i listened to him. The ''before'' me wouldn't have listened to him.
He was happy that i listened and advised him in to take actions or watch his daughter die or disfigured.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog